By Larry Gragg
This exciting biography recounts the lifetime of the mythical Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel, revealing his actual function within the improvement of Las Vegas and debunking many of the universal myths approximately his notoriety.
• Assesses Siegel's existence as a gangster in geared up crime of the time
• offers an in depth account of Siegel's final day in 1947, culminating together with his homicide at his girlfriend's condominium in Beverly Hills
• Discusses the evidence and fallacies approximately his organization with the improvement of Las Vegas
• encompasses a chronological therapy of Siegel in movies, novels, documentaries, and debts in newspapers and magazines
• contains images of Siegel and the Flamingo resort and on line casino on the time of its building and opening
Read or Download Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel: The Gangster, the Flamingo, and the Making of Modern Las Vegas: The Gangster, the Flamingo, and the Making of Modern Las Vegas PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of criminals books
Gangsters, Harlots & Thieves: Down and Out on the inn Clifton Todd Moore spent the final forty+ years writing prolific poetry and prose within the small press neighborhood. He co-founded the literary style often called “Outlaw Poetry” with fellow author Tony Moffeit and proven a superior recognition for himself while he started writing and publishing books & chapbooks approximately famed outlaw John Dillinger starting in 1978 up till his loss of life in 2010.
Written within the nonacademic, breezy kind additionally present in the coauthors’ past books, Ten lethal Texans focuses on little-known robberies, chases, and gunfights of mythical figures similar to John Wesley Hardin, “Wild invoice” Longley, and Clyde Barrow, who as soon as escaped from a Texas theft on a mule.
The pleasant, cozy surroundings of the North nation belies a depressing and sordid heritage: a time whilst it appeared that each urban had its red-light district and each hamlet its brothel. Revisit an enigmatic interval fraught with pistol duels and "tramp camps;" hermits at the run, "wild guy" sightings and horse thieves.
From Gangsta rap to gang wars and every little thing in between…. Former Compton law enforcement officials Tim Brennan and Robert Ladd have noticeable it all…. .And now, they’re telling all…. .For 20 years, gang unit detectives Tim Brennan and Robert Ladd patrolled the streets of Compton. They witnessed the start and upward thrust of gangsta rap with acts they knew for my part, akin to N.
- Bought with a Price: A Personal Journey
- Ultimate Ponzi, The
- To Catch a Cop: The Paul O'Sullivan Story
- Spade (Alta definizione) (Italian Edition)
- The Man Who Stole the Cyprus: A True Story of Escape
- Mad Bomber Melville
Additional info for Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel: The Gangster, the Flamingo, and the Making of Modern Las Vegas: The Gangster, the Flamingo, and the Making of Modern Las Vegas
Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel: The Gangster, the Flamingo, and the Making of Modern Las Vegas: The Gangster, the Flamingo, and the Making of Modern Las Vegas by Larry Gragg